The WireBinder E Electric (WB3E) provides efficiency and productivity. With its heavy duty punch motor and complete system of functions, the WireBinder-E makes wire binding fast, easy, convenient and professional, making it the ideal partner for commercial volume workloads.
The WireBinder-E makes closing easy with its wire closer control that is continuously adjustable, ensuring exact and secure closing every time. Longer documents can be easily aligned due to the open punching throat and continuous punching guide. Increase your punching speed with the electric foot pedal operated punch. The WireBinder-E's full range of functions and state of the art mechanisms were especially designed with one goal in mind: to fully meet the needs of the wire binding industry.
WireBinder E Review
- Foot pedal operated electric punch
- Die Disengagement Pins: For a clean and complete punching with different paper sizes
- Side Margin Control: Provides and evenly centered punch for all document sizes
- Wire Holder: Holds wire in place for easier inserting of sheets.
- Diameter Scale: Measures document's thickness in order to select best wire size option.
- Waste Drawer
- Wire Closer Control: With continuous adjusting scale for an exact and secure closure every time.
- Open Punching Throat & Continuous Punching Guide: For an easy alignment & punching of longer documents.
- Punching Margin Control: Provides the correct punch margin depth for each coil size
- Heavy-Duty Punch Motor: Single punches up to 20 sheets of paper (20 lbs).
- Reverse (Anti-Jam) Function: For trouble free punching
by Jeff McRitchie
The WireBinder E is a heavy duty electric twin loop wire binding machine. It includes an electric punch and a manual twin loop wire closer.
Is available in either 2:1 pitch (2 holes per inch) or 3:1 pitch (3 holes per inch) configurations. It is an ideal binding machine for high volume users.
Features / Strengths:
- Includes fully disengageable dies that allow you to bind virtually any sized document. These allow you to keep a pin from punching so that custom sized documents don't end up with a half hole on the edge of the paper.
- Has a continuous punching guide that allows you to punch documents that are longer than the punch (14"). You simply punch the first side and then flip the document over and punch the rest of the holes using the guide to line up the holes.
- Has a nice sizing guide on the front of the machine that helps you choose the right size of wire for your document every single time. Just compare your document with the notches on the front of the machine.
- Includes a heavy duty electric punch that is rated for 25 sheets per lift (actually more like 22). It can punch 2 plastic or clear covers at a time. It uses a foot pedal activation switch that allows you to hold your documents with both hands while punching.
- Heavy duty wire closer is solid and will evenly close the wire along the width of the book. It also includes a wire holder to assist in hanging the pages on the wire spines before closing.
Limitations / Weaknesses:
- 2:1 pitch machine is designed for binding documents between 5/8" and 1-1/4" thick. 3:1 pitch machine is designed for binding documents between 3/16" and 9/16" thick. Note: You can extend the range of your 3:1 punching equipment by purchasing our specially made 3:1 plasic coils that will allow you to bind up to 45mm!
- The only punching mechanism is the foot pedal. This is not as convenient for quickly binding a few documents. It would be nice if it also had a punching switch.
- Large volume users may find that a stand alone wire closer with a modular punch might increase productivity. This would allow two people to bind documents in an assembly line type fashion which would more than double productivity.
- Construction: Heavy duty metal construction. This machine is built like a tank. It weighs almost 75lbs and is designed for long lasting durability in medium and high volume binding applications.
- Wire closer is solid and easy to adjust. It closes evenly along the entire length of the document. Both models include the same wire closer that is capable of closing all sizes of wire (both 2:1 and 3:1).
Great for a large organization that does a lot of wire binding or for a smaller organization that is looking for one of the easiest machines to use for binding with twin loop wire. The WireBinder E should be able to handle almost any job that you throw at it. For the highest volume users a solution that includes a modular punch and a stand along wire closer might add some productivity. However, this type of option is considerably more expensive.